Kapllan Pasha’s Tomb is located in the centre of Tirana. It formed part of a monumental cemetery complex of the first Tirana mosque, which was destroyed during the Second World War. The complex at that time included six other similar monumental graves, of varying dimensions. The only tomb remaining today is that of Kapllan Pasha, a former ruler of Tirana. Dating from 1817, this eight-columned tomb is a reminder of the city’s Ottoman period. It has an octagonal shape and is four metres in height. Kapllan Pasha’s remains were later exhumed and reburied in Istanbul. The tomb is empty but the structure remains a cultural monument, a remnant of the first Tirana mosque. The monument has recently been restored.
TAGS: Kapllan Pashas Tomb in Tirana, Monument and cultural sites in Tirana, Things to do in Tirana