Updated 30 August 2021
The government of Albania informs all foreign citizens interested in travelling to Albania, the entry restrictions have changed as below:
- For all citizens transiting through the territory of Albania by land or who travel by sea:
- Citizens traveling by land to Albania should obtain prior information at the Embassies of the countries through which they have to transit, so they can be informed about the rules set by these countries in the framework of the pandemic or relevant entry/transit regulations.
- Citizens traveling from third countries by air and using one of the International Airports for transit should know that:
Please note that only certificates and test results issued in English by a medical professional or public authority will be accepted.
Vaccination Certificate (e.g. “CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Card” or Medical Certificate):
Inoculation with BioNtech/Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson&Johnson/Janssen, AstraZeneca, Sinopharm, or Sinovac COVID-19 vaccines.
Start of validity: at the day of full immunization = receipt of 2 doses of BioNtech/Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zeneca, Sinopharm or Sinovac. The exception is Johnson& Johnson, which requires only one dose for full effect. Persons, who have only received the first dose of those vaccines will have to present either negative PCR or rapid/antigen test for SARS-CoV-2 with the sample taken no earlier than 72 hours (PCR) or 48 hours (rapid/antigen) prior to entering Austria.
End of validity: 270 days after the second/only inoculation
Certificate of Recovery (or Medical Certificate):
Confirmation of the patient’s recovery from COVID-19 in the past 180 days issued by a medical professional or public authority,
OR a positive test for COVID-19 antibodies not older than 90 days
COVID-19 Test Result (or Medical Certificate):
PCR or rapid/antigen test for SARS-CoV-2;
Sample taken no earlier than 72 hours (PCR test) or 48 hours (rapid/antigen test) prior to entering in Albania.
Test results must include: full name and date of birth of the tested person; date and time of the sampling; test result; bar-/QR-code or stamp and signature of testing facility.
- All passengers who are allowed to enter the territory of the Republic of Albania, in addition to complying with the protocols about airline international standards worldwide, must also follow and respect the rules listed below:
- The passengers can access automated points at the airport which can provide them masks (which is mandatory indoors) and disinfectants;
- In case passengers manifest symptoms, they will be asked to discontinue their travel and to comply with the rules of their domicile state.
- For more information: https://www.tirana-airport.com/c/116/measures-and-rules/
- Keep in mind the local measures that are currently in force:
- Based on Order no. 218, dated 04.06.2021, on an amendment to Order no. 169, dated 05.06.2020, “The implementation of the Operation Protocol in air, road and sea transport in the framework of preventing COVID-19 pandemic for the tourist season 2021, aims to guarantee the well-being of tourist activity and to prevent the risk of COVID-19 infection, inside and outside accommodation structures”.
- Starting from 30th of August 2021:
- Outdoor gatherings will be allowed up to 50 people, following the protocol of rules and social distance, set by the Institute of Public Health Albania. http://www.ishp.gov.al/
- Restricted public movement between 11.00 P.M to 06.00 A.M, except for health reasons or emergencies. The same restriction for bars and restaurant, except the delivery service.
- The rule for mandatory masks outdoors is lifted but is still in force for indoors and public transportation. Night clubs remain closed, music is allowed till 10:00 P.M.
- Restricted public movement between 23.00 to 06.00 A.M, except for health reasons or emergencies. Music remains allowed till 11:00 P.M.
- Sports championships, the activities of theatres, artistic, cultural performances, and conferences will be allowed with the presence of fans, with a reduced capacity of up to 30% according to the IPH protocol.
- Please visit the page of the Civil Aviation Authority Albania, for more information regarding flights and list of countries:http://www.aac.gov.al/